I love the joy and light heartedness that comes with a fresh spring day, breaking through the cold with such determination and gentleness. I hunger for days that look miserable and pouty, so I can sit in a coffee shop or a warm window seat with a book, a fire, a cup of coffee, a journal or whatever other soulful endeavors I pursue that day.
The thrill of windstorms, ice storms, rain deluges, thunderstorms...any kind of extreme weather really, sends the thrill of anticipation: how powerful will it be? Again, I remember racing out into the pasture and leaning into the wind to see how far I could lean into it before I would fall over. Giggling and laughing at the power of the weather.
![]() |
| Photo by Mme. Bookling |
I felt my spirits soar yesterday as I walked under the fall stricken branches of Sacramento. The air was fresh and clean (for once) and the smell of the rain still hung in the air. Even though the sun was shining, the promise of a crisp fall gave me hope. And I thought:
There's no explanation for why we respond to the weather. Regardless of what kind of weather people like, we all find ourselves reacting to it. Cheerfulness with sunshine, morosity with rain, soulfulness with gloom.
There's really no logical reason that I can see that we would need to respond to the weather--that it should have any affect on our days. But it is magical to me. I love change. I love the dynamics. I, for one, am soo grateful that we do respond to weather. Life would be so much less rich without it.



No comments:
Post a Comment