This weekend, I find myself suddenly doubtful. Who am I to think I can do all those things? What change can I affect on this world, on people or what's more, the church? And how am I supposed to address intangible as the church? And how could I possibly speak to an issue that is still so raw for me and that I haven't figured out for myself?
In addition to all of these questions, Tim and I have been talking a lot about where we see ourselves in the future with church, raising kids, etc. It's all been extremely....disorienting. I feel like so much of what I loved and held dear has been turned on it's ear and now I'm asking, "What does God really want for us? "What does God really want for us?” “What is God’s heart for the church?” and Where does he want to lead it? I suppose being a theologian does not mean having all the answers, but choosing to pursue them with integrity.
Just the same, I feel daunted, scared and a bit inadequate. I suppose all of that is natural and I should embrace my soul expressing itself through the process of transition.
No comments:
Post a Comment