Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Change on the horizon!

I think we all feel it. It must be something in the water. Change is preying upon us, and I have to say, for my part it's most welcome.

These last two years have been full. I have felt myself deepen. I have lived through the ugliest in people and the most beautiful. I've had the worst allergies you can imagine. Tim and I have survived joblessness, poverty. I've thrown myself into gardening and painting and tried my hand at creating different spaces. I've become the lady of my own home. Yes, it's been full. The real full. Not the full that's busy, the full that's big person-building roots being stretched down.



I have been a tree these last two years. Some roots went so deep and developed root rot; some went even deeper and have given me life. I weathered heat, wind and cold. I allowed myself to be miserable and quiet through the winter and now feel the thrill of pushing out new buds. The promise of life is on my horizon.





And here we are my dearies. All loving each other fully and still tenaciously pursuing moving away. What strange birds we are. I am so excited for us all! Moving to Spain, moving to Portland, moving to the East Coast, moving....with each step in each of our lives, I feel the thrill of excitement and a pain of sadness. Is there a way to move and have adventure and not say goodbye to what we have?

To our spontaneous glasses of wine? Our dancing parties? Our late afternoon sangria and beer floats? To gambling football parties? To complaining about work and corporate america?







Perhaps it does make each droplet of time spent with you sweeter, more treasured. I love you all
[TracyJeffSadie.jpg]


*disclaimer: Why do I have no pictures of us all together? And I couldn't find pictures of all of us! :(

2 comments:

  1. We definitely need to change the picture thing. Should I arrange for an LifeTouch shoot?

    ReplyDelete