So, people in California are continually amazed that I actually really love the rain. I guess they think it kind of ruins any daytime activities and really depressing. I've never really understood that mentality until this weekend. But it wasn't because of the rain. It was 108 degrees here yesterday.
In that kind of heat, I didn't want to go outside, I didn't want to be in my garden, go for a walk, swim, walk the dog. In fact, I had a hard time motivating myself to do anything but lay on my bed with a fan on me. It was actually kind of depressing. I couldn't even appreciate the sun.
So, to kick the heat today, Tim, our friend, Adam, Ellie and I all went to th
***face pre-jump***
Ellie still hasn't ventured in to swim yet, but she's getting braver every time we take to the river. I think we wore her out today though--she's sleeping peacefully at my feet right now. Tim's out to coffee with a friend on the worship team and I am enjoying a quiet evening at home.
***Face post-jump***
A fun day off together.
Cute! (the faces before and after)!! I can't believe he really did it!
ReplyDelete